Sunday, May 19, 2013

Everything lives to die, but:

Life is all about the end. Televisions shows end, books end, parties end, relationships end, jobs end, roller coasters end, road trips end, marriages end.

Everything essentially lives to die.

But death, as is demonstrated in the tarot card of the same name, is not always a bad thing. The death of one thing simply means that something is changing. Change is helpful. People change so much within a short amount of time. Certainly, it can be a bad thing in some cases, but sometimes that change is so amazing that it can inspire boundless things.

A year ago I never let anyone in. Two years ago I didn't have friends. Look at me today. I've been called a social butterfly. I drink socially. I have a great job with great coworkers. I spend more time with other people than I spend time alone. I have great friends, and while I don't tell them everything that crosses my mind, I'm more open now than I've ever been. I write personal shit down in a blog that gets posted to the internet. Anyone can read my intimate thoughts and past struggles. But everyone can also see my current successes. My life, the people in it, my mental health has improved so incredibly in a year that I hardly consider myself the same person anymore.

I have changed drastically for the better. I can safely say that the person I used to be has died. There was an end to what I was, and that ending was the best thing that could happen.

If a marriage ends, there's the potential for another one. If a television show ends, another one will replace it. When the last cover of a book is closed, there's another book on the shelf. There's always another party, another friend or another lover. There's plenty of jobs -- unless you live in Michigan.

There is always something to look forward to.

Humans adapt. We live through and we push on and we survive. And one day we won't survive, and the people around us will adapt because nothing gold can stay. And that is perfectly alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment